Head of Product
Front Row's mission is to ensure every child get a world class education, and today, Front Row reaches 5 million students across 35% of American schools. We work with hundreds of thousands of teachers across the world to help them reach all of their students at their levels, so every student grows. We also help them engage their students with relevant, interesting, and effective curriculum.
Teachers all around the world continue to face the same problem they have for a century: they have 30+ students in their class of varying ability who all learn at their own pace, and no real way to reach them all. This is the problem Front Row solves: we make software and content that makes it easy for teachers to reach all their students at their level without spending all their time making content or grading. In a Front Row classroom, teachers focus on helping individual and small groups of students succeed rather than spending their time making and grading worksheets.
Front Row is a Series A funded team of 34, and is well on its way to profitability.
What you tell your friends you do
"Teachers have it hard - they get insufficient support from their districts and have 30 kids in a class all at different levels, making it impossible to really reach them. I get them incredible technology and curriculum so they can actually do what they got into teaching to do - guide students through their journey of learning."
What you will do
You'll report to the CEO, and serve as a key member of the executive team. Your job will be to make Front Row products happen - from conceiving ideas with teammates and customers to validating to getting them built, tested, and iterated on quickly.
You'll start as an individual contributor, and will build and lead the Front Row product team. You'll also work very closely with the leaders of the engineering, curriculum, sales, and marketing teams.
You'll work on developing and implementing our product vision as we become the most important education company of our generation. We want Front Row to be the only company students, teachers, parents, and administrators need to trust for learning, and we want to do that across the world. We've just gotten started, and we want your help to get there.
You'll work on things like
- Driving execution. You'll be responsible for coordinating our curriculum, design, and engineering teams, and you'll make sure marketing and sales teams are well informed and comfortable. It'll be your job to make sure this happens flawlessly, every time
- Building, leading, and mentoring the product and design teams
- Working on high level product vision in partnership with the CEO by thinking through our mission, business goals, customer feedback, competitive landscape, and industry changes
- Owning Front Row's product strategy and roadmap, and communicating it effectively to customers, prospects, partners, Board of Directors, employees, and other key stakeholders
- Establishing processes to use customer feedback, internal team feedback, and overall product plan to prioritize engineering and curriculum development roadmaps
- Thinking through every detail about the products we make to ensure we're serving our customers in the best possible way, and are fulfilling our business needs
- Validating and testing features and content
- Planning release schedules, crafting messaging for products, and coordinating release amongst internal teams
- Collaborating with design, support, sales, and marketing teams to develop marketing plans, sales plans, demos, sales tools, core messaging, positioning, and presentations to support the launch of new products and new product features
- Owning product and business analysis. Identify, measure and report on key performance metrics. Develop, run, and present routine business reports.
- Has experience as a product manager at a enterprise SaaS company. Freemium SaaS is even better.
- Has a track record of frequently shipping great products
- Has experience growing and directing teams
- Is a pragmatist at heart
- Has deep business acumen, and is comfortable with data
- Is able to multitask effectively, and is great at communicating with a lot of stakeholders quickly and efficiently
- Has over 10 years of experience as a software product manager, including experience in startups
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people who share your values
- Food, catered lunch & dinner 4 days a week + snacks on snacks
- Room for you to do things your way at our downtown, BART-accessible San Francisco location
- Awesome monthly team events + smaller get-togethers (board game nights, trivia, etc)