Front Row's mission is to ensure every child gets a world class education. Today, we reach nearly 7 million students across 35% of American schools. We work with hundreds of thousands of teachers around the world to help them reach all students at their individual levels, ensuring every student can grow. We also help teachers engage their students with relevant, interesting, and effective curriculum.
Teachers continue to face the same problem they have for a century: each of the 30+ students in a class has varying abilities, making it very difficult for one teacher to effectively reach them all. This is the problem Front Row solves: we build software and curriculum to make it easy for teachers to reach every student at his or her level without spending countless hours writing curriculum or grading.
In a Front Row classroom, teachers focus on helping individual students and small groups learn vital material instead of spending their time making and grading worksheets.
Front Row is a Series A funded team of 40, and is well on its way to profitability.
While our projects are big, our marketing team is small. As the Marketing Associate you’ll work directly with our VP of Marketing and Marketing Manager to help even more teachers discover Front Row! You’ll wear a lot of different hats and grow your Marketing career with us.
You will never do unimportant work: every contribution will make a clear and tangible impact on the company’s trajectory. And, most importantly, your work will have purpose: Front Row is a mission-driven company that takes pride in making a significant impact in the lives of millions of students.
Here are some of the projects you’ll get to do:
- Create marketing campaigns that inspire teachers and district leaders to start to use Front Row
- Coordinate events where teachers can come together to learn from each other about how to best use Front Row in their classrooms
- Nurture and support our communities on Facebook and Twitter
- Work with education thought leaders to put on free webinars for over 1,000 teachers at a time
- Write one-pagers, emails, blog posts, and case studies
- Analyze the results of our marketing campaigns and report your findings to our VP of Marketing
Our ideal candidate has:
- Some work experience in a fast-paced professional setting, and the desire to grow a career in marketing while learning on the job
- Top-notch writing skills. You’ll be doing a lot of writing, so make sure it’s something you love to do. :)
- Experience managing complex projects, meeting deadlines and handling several projects at a time with a high attention to detail
- Dedication to improving education for all students
- The ability to quickly learn new things
- A data-driven mindset with a lot of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, of course!
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Photoshop or similar tools
- Experience writing basic HTML/CSS, whether it was updating your personal blog or editing a mass email
- Experience with site analytics tools like Google Analytics and marketing automation platforms like Hubspot
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation. This is an entry-level Marketing role, but our team is small and growth opportunities abound!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Catered lunch & dinner 4 days a week + lots of snacks!
- $1,000 a year to spend on learning and professional development.
- Awesome monthly team events + smaller get-togethers (board game nights, trivia, etc)
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery BART station
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people