Vice President (VP) of Sales
Front Row's mission is to ensure every child get a world class education. Today, we reach nearly 8 million students across 35% of American schools. We work with hundreds of thousands of teachers across the world to help them reach all of their students at their levels, so every student grows. We also help them engage their students with relevant, interesting, and effective curriculum.
Teachers all around the world continue to face the same problem they have for a century: they have 30+ students in their class of varying ability who all learn at their own pace, and no real way to reach them all. This is the problem Front Row solves: we make software and content that makes it easy for teachers to reach all their students at their level without spending all their time making content or grading.
In a Front Row classroom, teachers focus on helping individual and small groups of students succeed rather than spending their time making and grading worksheets.
Front Row is a Series A funded team of 45, and is well on its way to profitability.
What you’ll do
Our team is growing fast, and you’ll be focused on scaling the team to the next level. You'll report to the CEO, and serve as a key member of the executive team. You'll also work very closely with the leaders of the engineering, product, curriculum, and marketing teams.
You'll work on formulating the overall sales strategy to help us become the most important education company of our generation. We want Front Row to be the only company students, teachers, parents, and administrators need to trust for learning, and we want to do that across the world. We've just gotten started, and we want your help to get there.
You’ll work on things like
- Building, leading, and mentoring the sales team
- Owning our ARR growth and revenue strategy
- Working on high level sales strategy and roadmap, and communicating it effectively to Board of Directors, Sales team and other key stakeholders
- Working on day to day effectiveness with the Sales Team to ensure that both efficiency and results are there
- Developing and implementing a coaching model to help our Sales team continually hone in on and improve their skills
- Iterating on and refining our current sales strategy and processes
- Collaborating with product, design, support, and curriculum teams to prioritize and improve the Product experience for all customers, helping with how it will impact revenue growth
- Finding ways to grow and build our sales to larger districts
- Developing strategic sales strategies to increase our close rate of freemium users while also strategizing ways to grow our school base
- Recruiting and hiring sales managers and account executives
- Has over 15 years experience in sales at an enterprise SaaS company
- Proven ability to scale a sales team in a high growth environment
- Experience managing and developing Sales Managers
- Expert in the SaaS business model, metrics and sales processes
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interfacing with board and Investors.
- Excellent strategizer
- A proven track record of over-achieving sales goals
- Ability to motivate a young sales team to deliver results far above average
- A lifelong learner who can pick up new skills faster than most
- Strong work ethic, desire to over-achieve and a true result oriented approach
- Proven ability to recruit, onboard and maintain Account Executives
- Willing to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Lunch + Dinner on Front Row four times a week, and monthly team events
- The week before New Years off
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by the Embarcadero station
Front Row is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.