Account Executive - EdTech
Sales Account Executive - Full Cycle
Front Row's mission is to ensure every child get a world class education, and today, Front Row reaches 5 million students across 35% of American schools. We work with hundreds of thousands of teachers across the world to help them reach all of their students at their levels, so every student grows. We also help them engage their students with relevant, interesting, and effective curriculum.
Teachers all around the world continue to face the same problem they have for a century: they have 30+ students in their class of varying ability who all learn at their own pace, and no real way to reach them all. This is the problem Front Row solves: we make software and content that makes it easy for teachers to reach all their students at their level without spending all their time making content or grading. In a Front Row classroom, teachers focus on helping individual and small groups of students succeed rather than spending their time making and grading worksheets.
Front Row is a Series A funded team of 34, and is well on its way to profitability.
What you tell your friends you do
"Teachers have it hard - they get insufficient support from their districts and have 30 kids in a class all at different levels, making it impossible to really reach them. I get them incredible technology and curriculum so they can actually do what they got into teaching to do - guide students through their journey of learning."
- This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing, tight-knit team of former educators & individuals passionate about improving K-12 education
- You'll work with the Director of Sales and the sales team to convert our large base of free users to our fantastic School Edition product.
- Our team is still young, so you'd have the opportunity to take ownership over your responsibilities and really shape your role. Your ideas and innovation will help build a fantastic sales culture that will feed off each others' energy.
- You'll be responsible for bringing adaptive learning to schools and districts, and will talk to curriculum directors and school leaders about how Front Row can positively impact their students' and teachers' lives
Your first week you'll do things like:
- Attend sales calls and webinars with senior sales staff to understand what our process looks like
- Take a deep dive into the product to become an expert all things Front Row
- Get comfortable with Front Row resources and the speed at how we move
Your first quarter you'll do things like:
- Talk to hundreds of teachers and school leaders, and share your passion for math and language arts education with them while selling them on our School Edition
- Learn about how individual schools run, and what their goals are
- Help school leaders see how Front Row can help them make sure their students get the best math and language arts education
- Start learning and mastering your territory and building your name in different districts
Your first year you'll do things like:
- Develop strong relationships and sell to lots of school leaders
- Understand and dive into schools to determine their goals with the help of their districts, and how they allocate funding
- Learn how to help and sell school leaders solve problems by using technology tools including Front Row
- Become the face of a territory where schools will know who will help them with all things Front Row
The ideal candidate:
- Is comfortable communicating with people over phone and video chat
- Is comfortable presenting to groups of people and thinks quickly on their feet
- Is great at time management and efficiency, and comfortable managing a very busy email & voicemail inbox
- Doesn't think anything is beneath them
- Is competitive and has a nothing is impossible mindset
- Embraces risk and failure as a means to learn
- Has a passion for education
- Has a ton of startup hustle
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Lunch + Dinner on Front Row four times a week, and half-day event every month (trip to Sonoma, BBQ, etc)
- Monthly team event
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- The week before New Years off
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery station