Front Row's mission is to ensure every child gets a world class education. Today, we reach 5 million students across 35% of American schools. We work with hundreds of thousands of teachers around the world to help them reach all students at their individual levels, ensuring every student can grow. We also help teachers engage their students with relevant, interesting, and effective curriculum.
Teachers continue to face the same problem they have for a century: each of the 30+ students in a class has varying abilities, making it very difficult for one teacher to effectively reach them all. This is the problem Front Row solves: we build software and curriculum to make it easy for teachers to reach every student at his or her level without spending countless hours writing curriculum or grading. In a Front Row classroom, teachers focus on helping individual students and small groups learn vital material instead of spending their time making and grading worksheets.
Front Row is a Series A funded team of 34, and is well on its way to profitability.
We're looking to have a full-time curriculum designer join our team! Curriculum designers work on various parts of the program, including:
- Writing new math questions for the content database, along with improving old questions
- Designing project-based math lessons
- Creating performance tasks and assessments
- Writing high-interest English Language Arts articles with leveled comprehension questions and writing prompts
- Developing creative Social Studies/Science units and activities
- Working with other members of the curriculum team to discover, build, and implement new features and improvements to our program
- Collaborating with engineers to make improvements to the student & teacher sides of the program
You’ll join an effective team that plans, executes, and reflects together. Since we’re a small team, everything you create will go into production and be used by students, teachers, parents, and school personnel. You will never do unimportant work: every contribution will make a clear and tangible impact on the company’s trajectory. Your personal success will be directly aligned with that of the company.
Most importantly, your work will have purpose: Front Row is a mission-driven company that takes pride in making a significant impact in the lives of millions of students.
- 2+ years teaching experience in grades K-12
- Generalist who can design curriculum across multiple subjects and grade levels
- Deep understanding of standards-aligned curriculum development
- An ability to think creatively and outside the box
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Dedicated to improving education for all students
- Drive to achieve greatness at everything you do
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate here
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn and build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
- Catered lunch & dinner 4 days a week + snacks on snacks
- Awesome monthly team events + smaller get-togethers (board game nights, trivia, etc)
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery BART station
Front Row is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.