Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education.
We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize their instruction as best they can.
Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help!
That’s why, at Freckle, we’re passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them.
As of today, we reach nearly 9 million students across 35% of American schools and, with your help, we’re excited to make an even larger impact.
- This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing, tight-knit team of former educators & individuals passionate about improving K-12 education.
- You'll work with our fantastic sales team to bring Freckle School Edition to schools across the country.
- The role is primarily managing and coaching account executives, but you'll be expected to get your feet wet by actually starting with selling.
- You will work with Account Executives, conducting 1:1's, discussing strategy, and working to develop them on their careers.
Your first week you'll do things like:
- Attend sales calls and webinars with senior sales staff to understand what our process looks like
- Take a deep dive into the product to become an expert all things Freckle
- Get comfortable with Freckle resources
- Work with leadership to map out what short term and long term success looks like in the role
- Coach account executives on calls
Your first quarter you'll do things like:
- Talk to hundreds of teachers and school leaders, and share your passion for math, language arts, social studies, and science education with them while selling them on our School Edition
- Learn about how individual schools run, and what their goals are
- Help school leaders see how Freckle can help them make sure their students get the best math and language arts education
- Build relationships with your team and start working closely with them in a management type role
- Understand and dive into schools to determine their goals with the help of their districts, and how they allocate funding
Your first year you'll do things like:
- Day to day coach and motivate account executives to see substantial growth in your region
- Learn how to help and sell school leaders solve problems by using technology tools including Freckle
- Conduct business plan reviews, execute on a short and long term strategy to continue Freckle's aggressive growth
The ideal candidate:
- Has managed/mentored sales reps for a minimum of 2 years
- Has at least two years of experience as an account executive in a closing role
- Is comfortable presenting to groups of people and thinks quickly on their feet
- Is great at time management and efficiency, and comfortable managing a very busy email & voicemail inbox
- Doesn't think anything is beneath them
- Loves working with, and motivating a team to succeed
- Embraces risk and failure as a means to learn
- Has a passion for education
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Lunch + Dinner on Freckle four times a week, and monthly team events
- The week before New Years off
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by the Embarcadero station
Freckle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.