Business Operations Associate
Front Row's mission is to ensure every child get a world class education. Today, we reach nearly 7 million students across 35% of American schools. We work with hundreds of thousands of teachers across the world to help them reach all of their students at their levels, so every student grows. We also help them engage their students with relevant, interesting, and effective curriculum.
Teachers all around the world continue to face the same problem they have for a century: they have 30+ students in their class of varying ability who all learn at their own pace, and no real way to reach them all. This is the problem Front Row solves: we make software and content that makes it easy for teachers to reach all their students at their level without spending all their time making content or grading.
In a Front Row classroom, teachers focus on helping individual and small groups of students succeed rather than spending their time making and grading worksheets.
Front Row is a Series A funded team of 40, and is well on its way to profitability.
You'll work across the entire company with every function, from engineering to product to marketing to sales to curriculum. You'll work on important issues that affect the company, and will help different functions be more successful.
We love generalists who can quickly bring themselves up to speed on a variety of topics and functions. The role will change week to week and you will have a significant, tangible impact on the company and the team.
Most importantly, your work will have purpose: Front Row is a mission-driven company that takes pride in making a significant impact in the lives of millions of students.
BizOpsers will have the opportunity to own tasks across the company, including:
- Designing and building analyses and metrics to inform strategic company priorities
- Analyzing and summarizing user performance metrics to provide actionable insights to the sales team
- Spearheading a research project to evaluate our program's effectiveness
- Managing curriculum development process
- Reasoning through complex problems that plague our teachers and identifying solutions to successfully address their concerns
- Creating, prioritizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects at any given time
- Gaining an understanding of cross-company processes, while assisting other teams to be more productive and efficient
The ideal candidate:
- Has a B.S. or M.S. in business-related or quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering, or similar discipline)
- Has an expertise of Excel
- Has basic SQL knowledge or willingness to learn
- Has basic programming knowledge (e.g. Ruby or Python) or willingness to learn
- Is comfortable working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Is eager to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build a scalable process
- Has a passion for improving education for all students
- Has a drive to achieve greatness at everything you do
- Doesn't think anything is beneath them
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Lunch + Dinner on Front Row four times a week
- Awesome monthly team events + smaller get-togethers (Board game nights, trivia, etc)
- The week before New Years off
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery station